Pipe based screen for water well
The pipe based screen is produced by wrapping a high precision wedge wire screen around an API complaint base pipe. The built-in pipe provides extra support to the outer wrap screen layer, which makes the pipe based screen suitable for severe environments such as high pressure, high temperatures or deviated wells.
The strength of based pipe also allow the use of smaller wedge wire, which yields a higher open area. Horizontal support rods direct the flow to the nearest pipe perforation, and advanced welding technology creates a tighter grip between the wedge wire screen and the base pipe. These pipe based screens are used in vertical wells, and horizontals in multi-lateral deployments, where a high load bearing capacity ( to prevent collapse) is required. Fittings are provided as well to satisfy most well design and installation requirements.
1. A built-in based pipe provides rigid support to the outer screen, allowing the screen layer to yield partially to high water pressure without the risk of the slot opening widening. It is highly recommended for severe water well requirements.
2. The outer wrap layer features continuous slots with a precise tolerance of 0.05mm, small slots limit the sand access.
3. Densely arranged slots provide a reduced flow resistance, allowing more water to enter the well pipe
4. The slot openings widen inwardly, allow water to flow at a reduced speed, which alleviates pressure felt on the pipe assembly.
5. Small diameter pipe negate the need for large diameter wells
Main Spaces Of Pipe Based Screen
Wedge wire screen material: stainless steel, galvanized low-carbon steel, or as require
Slot opening size: 0.1mm-15mm
Diameter (inches): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 29-1000mm
Length: 2.9m, 5.85m. The maximum length is 6.05m
Connection method: beveled, circumferential welded, threaded connection
Based Pipe Material: API-compliant J55, K55, N80, stainless steel 304, low -carbon steel, or custom materials
Screen diameter: 1.5inch / 38mm to 18inch / 457mm